Criminology CSS Syllabus 2021 is available here. Reviewing CSS Syllabus 2021 will help you get through the most competitive examination conducted by Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad. Keep connected with dogar.com.pk to know updates and to get selected through CSS 2021 examination.
CSS Syllabus 2021 pdf free download August 7, 2021
The css CRIMINOLOGY paper is comprised of a total of 100 marks. It is an Optional paper related to the Candidate’s Basic knowledge of CRIMINOLOGY such as Basic concepts used in understanding crime, criminality, and criminal, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Justice System, Punitive and Reformative Treatment of Criminals, Modern Concepts in Contemporary Criminology, etc.
To pass the css CRIMINOLOGY paper a candidate is required to secure a minimum of 33 percent marks.
Criminology CSS Syllabus :
Criminology CSS Syllabus 2016 is given below:
Section-I (25 Marks)
Basic concepts used in understanding crime, criminality and criminal.
2. Understanding Criminology
Definition, meaning and scope of criminology, Criminology and criminal law, Crime as social problem, Crime and social organization, related concepts: Deviance, Sin and Vice
2. Crime and Criminals
Occasional criminals, Habitual criminals, Professional criminals, White-collar crime, Organized crime, corporate crimes.
3. Crime and Criminality: Theoretical Perspectives
Early explanation of criminal behavior
- Classical School
- Positivist School (Biological and Psychological Explanations)
- Positivist School (Sociological Explanation)
- Social Disorganization theory
- Strain theory
- Social Control theory
- Learning theory
- Labeling Theory
- Islamic perspective
Section-II (25 Marks)
1. Juvenile Delinquency
Meaning, definitions (Behavioral Vs Legal), Juvenile delinquent Vs status offender, Official statistics of juvenile delinquency VI. Juvenile Justice System
- Role of police
- Juvenile court process:
- pretrial, trial and sentencing
- Role of prosecutor, defense counsel, juvenile judge, juvenile probation officer
- Juvenile correctional institutions,probation and non-punitive alternatives
2. The Criminal Justice System:
- Police and its role
- Trial and Conviction of Offenders
- Agencies: formal and informal
- Criminal courts: procedures and problems
- Role of prosecutors
- Prisons, Probation and Parole
3. Punitive and Reformative Treatment of Criminals
Corporal punishment, Imprisonment, Rehabilitation of criminals.
Section-III (25 Marks)
1. Criminal Investigation
Principles of criminal investigation, Manual of preliminary investigation, Intelligence operations, Data base investigation, Electronic investigation, Forensic Investigation
2. Techniques of Investigations
Gathering information from persons, Interviewing and interrogation techniques, Criminal investigation analysis,
3. Legal and Ethical Guidelines for Investigators
Stop and frisk operations, Arrest procedures, Search and seizure.
- International Policing Criminal Justice Monitoring Organizations
- UNAFEI, INTERPOL, EUROPOL, UNODC, UNICEF, IPA, etc.
Section-IV (25 Marks)
4 . Modern Concepts in Contemporary Criminology
- Terrorism, Radicalism and War on Terror
- Media’s representation of Crime and the Criminal Justice System
- Modern Law Enforcement and Crime Prevention
- Intelligence-led Policing
- Community Policing
- Private Public Partnership
- Gender and Crime in Urban and Rural Pakistan
- Crime and Urbanization, Organized Crime and White-Collar Crime
- Human Rights Abuses and Protection, especially Children, Women and Minorities and the role of civil society and NGOs
- Cyber Crime
- Role of NAB, FIA, ANF
CSS Criminology Books PDF Download:
When you tap on the download then a new tab will be open in the browser for Criminology CSS Syllabus. Here you will the download button. This file opens in pdf format. This file easily downloads on your mobile and keeps it safe in your mobile memory storage. After this procedure, you can easily study this stuff at any time and any place. If you want to old paper for preparation for the entry test. If you do not face any issues with our website then share our website on social media platforms. Students can easily download these CSS Criminology Books Pdf. To Download Books, Click on the Book Name: