As the world is moving towards renewable energy sources, solar energy has gained significant importance in recent years. In Pakistan, the demand for solar energy is increasing day by day due to frequent power outages and high electricity bills. A 5KW Solar System can be an ideal solution for residential and commercial purposes. In this article, we will discuss the price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan for the year 2023 for OFF Grid and Hybrid Models.
Price of 5KW Solar System in Pakistan 2023:
The price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan varies depending on the quality of the components used in the system. The average price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan for the year 2023 is as follows:
- Tier-1 Solar Panels: PKR 820,000 – PKR 1,000,000
- Tier-2 Solar Panels: PKR 650,000 – PKR 800,000
- Hybrid Inverter: PKR 120,000 – PKR 200,000
- Battery Bank: PKR 120,000 – PKR 300,000
- Installation Charges: PKR 50,000 – PKR 100,000
OFF Grid Vs Hybrid Solar System
Here’s a table outlining the main differences between Off-Grid and Hybrid Solar Systems:
|Off-Grid Solar System
|Hybrid Solar System
|Required for energy storage
|Optional for energy storage
|Not connected to the grid
|Connected to the grid
|Provides backup power during outages
|Can provide backup power during outages
|Limited energy management capabilities
|Advanced energy management capabilities
|Lower upfront cost
|Higher upfront cost
|Sizing is based on energy demand and battery capacity
|Sizing is based on energy demand, battery capacity, and grid availability
|Less maintenance required
|More maintenance required
|Energy efficiency is a top priority
|Energy efficiency is important, but not the main priority
In summary, Off-Grid solar systems are standalone systems that require battery storage to meet energy demand and are not connected to the grid. Hybrid solar systems, on the other hand, can be connected to the grid and can use as backup power during outages. Hybrid systems also have more advanced energy management capabilities, but have a higher upfront cost and require more maintenance.
Complete Package – 5KW Solar System Price in Pakistan 2023
Note: The Prices of the item we have mentioned above are according to the latest February month, 2023 for OFF Grid and Hybrid Both. Prices may vary from city to city. this is a rough estimate of a 5 KW Solar panel System in Pakistan in 2023. All the Items with maximum and Minimum quantities for 5KW Solar System Price in Pakistan 2023 are Mentioned below table:
|Minimum 2 and Maximum 8 of 550 WATTS (E.g of Canadian Solar)
The capacity of Power Generation (8 x 550 = 440 Watts)
|1) Inverex Nitrox 5kW Hybrid Inverter
2) Inverex Axpert VM III 5.2kw Off Grid Inverter
| 1) Rs.152,000/-
2) Rs. 75,000/-
|Installation + Transportation
|Earthing + Boring
Items run on a 5KW Solar System
The items that can be run on a 5 kW solar system depend on various factors such as the location, weather conditions, and energy efficiency of the appliances. Generally, a 5 kW solar system can power a typical household’s energy needs, including but not limited to:
- 1×1.5 Ton Inverter AC
- Water Motor
- 1 Fridge / refrigerator
- 1 Iron
- 1 TV
- 4 Fans
- 8 LED Bulbs/Lights
Factors Affecting the Price of 5KW Solar System in Pakistan:
Before discussing the price, it is important to know the factors that affect the price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan. The price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan depends on the following factors:
- Type of solar panels
- Inverter type
- Battery bank size
- Installation charges
The following table shows the price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan for the year 2023:
|Price Range (PKR)
|Tier-1 Solar Panels
|820,000 – 1,000,000
|Tier-2 Solar Panels
|650,000 – 800,000
|120,000 – 200,000
|120,000 – 300,000
|50,000 – 100,000
Difference between Tier-1 Solar Panels VS Tier-2 Solar Panels VS Hybrid System
The main difference between Tier-1 Solar Panels VS Tier-2 Solar Panels VS Hybrid Systems is explained below:
Tier-1 Solar Panels:
Tier-1 solar panels are manufactured by companies that have vertically integrated supply chains, invest heavily in research and development, and have been producing solar panels for a long time. These companies have a strong reputation for quality and reliability, and their panels typically come with longer warranties. Tier-1 solar panels also tend to have a higher efficiency rating, meaning they can produce more power per square meter of surface area.
To install a Tier-1 solar panel system, you will need the following components:
- Solar Panels: Tier-1 solar panels that are manufactured by companies with a strong reputation for quality and reliability.
- Inverter: A solar inverter is used to convert the DC electricity produced by the solar panels into usable AC electricity for your home or business.
- Racking and Mounting: Racking and mounting hardware are used to securely attach the solar panels to your roof or another surface.
- Wiring and Connectors: Wiring and connectors are used to connect the solar panels, inverter, and other components together.
- Monitoring System: A monitoring system allows you to keep track of the performance of your solar panel system, including the amount of electricity being generated and any potential issues or malfunctions.
- Permits and Approvals: Depending on your location, you may need to obtain permits and approvals from your local government or utility company before installing a solar panel system.
- Professional Installation: Installing a solar panel system is a complex process that requires specialized knowledge and experience. It is recommended to hire a professional solar installer to ensure that your system is installed safely and correctly.
Overall, a Tier-1 solar panel system is a high-quality and reliable option for generating solar energy. With the right components and professional installation, a Tier-1 solar panel system can help you save money on your electricity bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
Tier-2 Solar Panels:
Tier-2 solar panels are produced by manufacturers who may not have vertically integrated supply chains, have been producing solar panels for a shorter time, or do not invest as much in research and development as Tier-1 companies. While Tier-2 solar panels may be less expensive than Tier-1 panels, they may also have a shorter lifespan and lower efficiency ratings, which could result in lower overall energy output over time.
A hybrid solar system combines a traditional grid-tied solar system with an energy storage system, usually in the form of batteries. This allows excess solar energy generated during the day to be stored for use at night or during power outages, reducing the dependence on the grid and saving on electricity bills. Hybrid systems are ideal for areas with unreliable or intermittent power supply, and they can provide a degree of energy independence. However, hybrid systems tend to be more expensive than grid-tied solar systems, as they require additional components like batteries and specialized inverters.
A hybrid solar system combines solar power with a battery storage system and/or a backup generator. Here are the basic components you will need for a hybrid solar system:
- Solar Panels: Solar panels are used to capture sunlight and convert it into electricity. The number of panels you need will depend on your electricity needs, location, and the amount of sunlight your location receives.
- Inverter: An inverter is used to convert the DC electricity produced by the solar panels into usable AC electricity for your home or business. For a hybrid solar system, you will need a specialized inverter that can handle both the solar power and the power from the battery storage system.
- Battery Storage System: A battery storage system is used to store excess solar energy generated during the day for use at night or during periods of low sunlight. The size and type of battery storage system you need will depend on your electricity needs.
- Backup Generator: In case of a power outage or when your solar panels are not generating enough power, a backup generator can provide electricity to your home or business. The size and type of generator you need will depend on your electricity needs.
- Charge Controller: A charge controller regulates the amount of electricity going to and from the battery storage system, ensuring that the batteries are not overcharged or undercharged.
- Monitoring System: A monitoring system allows you to keep track of the performance of your solar panel system and battery storage system, including the amount of electricity being generated, stored and used. It can also alert you to any potential issues or malfunctions.
- Wiring and Connectors: Wiring and connectors are used to connect the solar panels, inverter, battery storage system, backup generator, and other components together.
- Permits and Approvals: Depending on your location, you may need to obtain permits and approvals from your local government or utility company before installing a hybrid solar system.
- Professional Installation: Installing a hybrid solar system is a complex process that requires specialized knowledge and experience. It is recommended to hire a professional solar installer to ensure that your system is installed safely and correctly.
In conclusion, the price of a 5KW solar system in Pakistan for the year 2023 varies depending on the quality of the components used in the system. A 5KW solar system can be an ideal solution for those who are looking for an alternative source of energy to save money on their electricity bills. It is recommended to do thorough research and consult with a professional before buying a solar system to get the best value for your money.