China is the biggest exporter of weapons to Pakistan as per According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) report 2021
ð Other notable developments
- Germany’s arms exports were 17 per cent higher in 2015–19 than in 2010–14.
- China was the fifth-largest arms exporter in 2015–19 and significantly increased the number of recipients of its major arms: from 40 in 2010–14 to 53 in 2015–19.
- South Korea’s arms exports rose by 143 per cent between 2010–14 and 2015–19 and it entered the list of the top 10 largest exporters for the first time.
- Israeli arms exports increased by 77 per cent between 2010–14 and 2015–19 to their highest-ever level.
- West and Central European states had outstanding orders at the end of 2019 for imports of 380 new combat aircraft from the USA.
- Egypt’s arms imports tripled between 2010–14 and 2015–19, making it the world’s third-largest arms importer.
- Brazil’s arms imports in 2015–19 were the highest in South America, accounting for 31 per cent of the subregion’s arms imports, despite a 37 per cent decrease compared with 2010–14.
- South Africa, the largest arms importer in sub-Saharan Africa in 2005–2009, imported almost no major arms in 2015–19.